Most Small business owners find themselves filling many shoes when it comes to everyday business tasks. Some of these tasks, while crucial to the survival of the business, is well beyond their area of expertise.
Too often small-to-mid-sized-businesses (SMB) overlook IT as a critical component of their business and fail to incorporate the proper infrastructure needed for their business to run smoothly.This can be especially frustrating for employees and managers as they try to perform the day to day duties necessary to stay in business. Technology is hard enough to keep up with even for professional geeks. When you are trying to run a business, it’s virtually impossible to effectively maintain and secure your IT needs.
That is why a vast majority of SMB are looking into outsourcing their IT needs to a IT service provider.
SMB find that outsourcing their IT services help them achieve significant improvement in efficiency and goal effectiveness without having to invest in an on-site IT Department.
A managed service provider ( MSP) is an IT service professional to which SMBs outsource their IT needs. MSPs deliver ongoing monitoring and management of client applications (email, web site, security, etc.) and IT infrastructure remotely.
Top 12 Reasons for SMB to Outsource IT to a MSP
- Expertise: Access to experts with the latest technology, security patches and upgrades with a larger knowledge base and wider range of experience.
- Cost Effectiveness: Reduced spending on IT support services is the main reason many SMB outsource their IT. Depending on the needs of the SMB, outsourced IT typically costs a fraction of the cost of a full time on site IT team.
- Increased Focus on Business: Outsourced IT services is a way to support the core functions of the business in the background, allowing your employees to better target the company’s marketing and growth goals.
- Security: Outsourced IT providers can recommend, install, and manage technology according to your business’ objectives and core competencies to ensure that critical data is safe and utilized effectively.
- Proactive Approach to Security & Data Backup: Managed service providers take a proactive approach to IT and help to keep business systems, operations and networks remain up and running by automating data backup and data restoration protocols.
- 24/7 365 Days of Support: Full-time IT support without the capital budget expenditures for SMB is a MAJOR benefit of outsourcing IT.
- Prevent Downtime: Rather than waiting for something to break or shut down, MSPs ensure a customer’s IT can avoid most technology mishaps or issues in the first place.
- Increased Productivity & Employee Morale: Using a MSP allows employees to focus on their core competencies instead of day-to-day IT management, enabling them to get more done with less stress.
- Utilize Resources: Hiring a service provider can “free IT staff to work on strategic projects.”
- Automation: Managed services providers can improve efficiency/reliability of IT operations.
- Better Branding: This is huge, because IT related downtime can have a devastating impact on revenue and reputation—especially for smaller businesses trying to grow.
- No Surprises: By outsourcing IT services to a dependable IT provider, SMB benefit by having a ‘fixed’ monthly pricing with no surprises or hidden fees.
Omnimaven is a Delaware based managed service provider ( MSP) offering IT services to SMBs in the Tri-State area. MSPs deliver ongoing monitoring and management of client applications (email, web site, security, etc.) and IT infrastructure remotely.
Our remote monitoring services allow us to monitor the health of our clients’ IT environments, change and update systems, and troubleshoot problems.
Omnimaven can closely monitor a wide variety of IT solutions a business has implemented, including web apps, desktop and server management software, backup and disaster recovery, storage management tools and security software.
Omnimaven Offer It Solutions, Security & Backup
If you’re trying to run a business AND manage your IT, it’s time to consider outsourcing the latter.
We’ll work as your trusted advisor to recommend, install, and manage your technology according to your business objectives and ensure that your critical data is safe and accessible at all times.
There are many items to consider if you’re thinking about outsourcing your IT, Click link below to download our eBook that summarizes the key factors for this decision.
Businesses can’t afford to approach their It issues haphazardly. They could lose vital files and data. That is why Omnimaven offers full on/off site backups in order to secure your data. One can never predict when a virus, natural disaster, fire or water damage might affect your data. Rest assured your data will be secure on our remote servers.