Small business owner juggle many responsibilities and are often a ‘Jack of all Trades’. This can be frustrating when it comes to IT issues. Technology is a hard thing to master when trying to run a business.
There are many reasons for small businesses to outsource their IT to another company. Only a third of SMB with less than ten employees have in-house IT staff. Over 70% of small to mid-sized US businesses (SMBs) work with an IT service provider for some or ALL of their IT needs.
Small business IT teams are often handicapped by lack of infrastructure, budget and time constraints. Smaller companies can reduce IT cost while getting IT expertise they need by collaborating with a dedicated IT service provider.
A managed service provider ( MSP) is an IT service professional to which SMBs outsource their IT needs. MSPs deliver ongoing monitoring and management of client applications (email, web site, security, etc.) and IT infrastructure remotely.
Remote monitoring services allow MSPs to monitor the health of their clients’ IT environments, change and update systems, and troubleshoot problems.
MSPs can closely monitor a wide variety of IT solutions a business has implemented, including web apps, desktop and server management software, backup and disaster recovery, storage management tools and security software.
MSPs typically deliver services on a subscription basis; companies pay a fixed amount, usually monthly, for a specific set of IT services. Some common examples include, but are not limited to:
- Application monitoring/management
- Phone Systems
- Backup and Disaster Recovery
MSPs work with a variety of technology vendors in order to deliver these services. However, it’s not just about the technology. Rather, the expertise of the service provider holds the most value for SMBs. Read why SMBs should adopt managed IT services.
10 Reasons Small Businesses Should Outsource IT
- Expertise: Many businesses choose to work with IT providers because they have expertise in a specific area of IT.
- Cost Effective: IT support services typically offer IT packages or á la carte, depending on the needs of the SMB, often at a fraction of the cost of a full time IT resource.
- Lower Overhead: IT service providers deliver the technical expertise small businesses need at a much lower cost than hiring IT staff.
- Security: They can recommend, install, and manage technology according to business’ objectives and core competencies and ensure that critical data is safe.
- Proactive Approach: Managed service providers take a proactive approach to IT and help to keep business systems, operations and networks remain up and running.
- Prevent Downtime: Rather than waiting for something to break or shut down, MSPs ensure a customer’s IT can avoid most tech issues in the first place.
- Productivity: Using a MSP allows businesses to focus on their core competencies instead of day-to-day IT management.
- Utilize Resources: Hiring a service provider can “free IT staff to work on strategic projects.”
- Automation: Managed services providers can improve efficiency/reliability of IT operations.
- Better Branding: This is huge, because IT related downtime can have a devastating impact on revenue and reputation—especially for smaller businesses trying to grow.
We Offer It Solutions, Security & Backup
If you’re trying to run a business AND manage your IT, it’s time to consider outsourcing the latter.
We’ll work as your trusted advisor to recommend, install, and manage your technology according to your business objectives and ensure that your critical data is safe and accessible at all times.
There are many items to consider if you’re thinking about outsourcing your IT, Click link below to download our eBook that summarizes the key factors for this decision.
Businesses can’t afford to approach their It issues haphazardly. They could lose vital files and data. That is why Omnimaven offers full on/off site backups in order to secure your data. One can never predict when a virus, natural disaster, fire or water damage might affect your data. Rest assured your data will be secure on our remote servers.